5.03.2003

baby if you get on your knees

with me in your mouth

and suck me off

(you know i got you)




what you got?

what you want?

(what'd you say to him?)

jaguar iced-out beats

(hold your cranium)

I had a dream in which I was lying on a bed with Sterling. My head was nestled into the crook of her arm like a child. She smiled sweetly as I read aloud from one of my notebooks. I ran my finger under each word as I spoke, but at some points I found my finger pressing blank space in the middle of sentences where the words just stopped. These were places where I hadn't bothered to go on writing--where I got high or tired and my thoughts just trailed off. Lying there against Sterling, I felt a flash of embarassment before I quickly went on, making up words on the spot.

Sterling didn't seem to notice. She went on smiling; her support and admiration went through me like a sip of hot tea.

I went on improvising. The dream ended with me feeling like a failure.



No comments: