4.28.2003

acid zar



I dreamt I had a Cadillac,

I had a blue pen that wrote in red ink.

My bones were eaten full of holes and I carried a pound of flesh around the house in my Nike bag.

In other words, it was a sloppy ass double dip trip.

Please excuse me today because my brain is filled with hay.

I’m sitting here staring at my lighter like it’s a work of art.

Here’s a tip—Vanilla Sky is NOT an acid friendly flick.

Shit had me under the bed like Brian Wilson.

I am not the walrus.

I am not the lizard king.

That’s from another time, pancake.

A long hair, tight leather pants time with pop bliss and cars made out of real metal

Those tear-drop dreams are dried up for good.

Welcome to the Twin Peaks afterworld.

Barf in a bottle and toss it out on the endless green sea.

I was never the Acid Zar.

That was Sterling’s name, a long time ago.

Way back in 8th grade, before blogs and BRANDTRUEBOY.

Before Belgium and Brooklyn and beer bellies.

My girl used to do a hit for breakfast. Then she did her hair, moussing the hell out of it to get it standing straight up.

On the days she actually made it to school, she’d wander aimlessly, holding onto the lockers and laughing her head off.

She’d show up for tests and get zeros.

She wore unlaced combat boots with no socks. She was the first to sag her jeans super low, showing off her men’s underwear.

She muttered things like ‘mashed potatoes’ and ‘I got the fever’ over and over under her breath.

She’d sneak up on girls doing their hair and hiss, “The better you look, the more you see.”

Years later I saw that shit in a book. No lie, Honeypie.

She spray painted ‘Acid Zar’ all over town. There was that big pink one on the back of the A&P that we passed everyday in the bus. One day she showed up at my place with a can of white spray enamel and tagged the cinderblock wall in my basement. I held back from screaming “Stop! My parents are going to kill me!” because I wanted to be cool, and I thought that if the school acidhead told people I was cool then maybe that would start a chain reaction.

When she was finished with her tag she hung her head upside down and sprayed the enamel on her hair.

girlsarepretty


No comments: